Ryan C. Gerads
Ryan Gerads represents individuals and small, mid-size, and large businesses in a variety of corporate and tax law issues, especially those involving pass-through entities such as partnerships, LLCs, and S-corporations and their owners. He routinely advises clients in entity selection, reorganization, and succession planning, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, as well as an assortment of other general business issues.
In the tax area, Ryan has experience with controversies arising out of audits and assessments by the Internal Revenue Service and Minnesota Department of Revenue.
- Advised multiple clients on the formation and operation of private equity investment funds.
- Represented private equity buyers in the acquisition of a number of portfolio companies in a multitude of industries.
- Represented sellers of a privately held metal rack manufacturing company to a private equity buyer.
- Advised a privately held pharmacy chain with respect to the combination of its business with a national pharmacy chain.
- Successfully defended shareholders of a closely held business with the Internal Revenue Service’s disallowance of over $1 million of compensation deductions.
- Successfully appealed assessments of personal responsibility by the Minnesota Department of Revenue against former shareholders and officers of a closely held business for over $1 million of unpaid payroll and sales and use taxes.
- U.S. Tax Court
- “5 Under 40,” St. Cloud Times, 2017
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Saint John’s Preparatory School, Board of Regents, vice chair, 2006-2017
- United Way of Central Minnesota, 2014-present
- United Cerebral Palsy of Central Minnesota, Board of Directors, 2006-2012
- Saint Cloud Granite Rotary, 2006-2014
- October 28, 2015
- "Deal Breakers: When The Goal Is A Mutually Acceptable Agreement For An Acquisition, Merger, Or Sale, All Stakeholders Want To Avoid Deal-Breakers," Business Central MagazineSeptember 15, 2011
- December 28, 2010
- January 7, 2013
1010 West Saint GermainSuite 500Saint Cloud, MN 56301
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurial Services
- Financial Institutions & Real Estate
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- State & Local Taxes
- Tax Issues in Health Care
- Taxation of Partnerships and Other Pass-Through Entities
- Family-Owned Business
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Finance
- Corporate Tax & Transactions
- Corporate & Business
Northwestern University School of Law, LL.M., 2005
New England Law, Boston, J.D., 2004
Marquette University, B.S., 2001, Finance and International Business