Diversity Fellowship & Recruitment Programs
Lathrop GPM continues to implement a variety of strategies and initiatives to recruit a diverse group of summer associates and attorneys. Successful efforts layer law school connections and support, networking, community outreach and financial support with accountability to the Firm’s legal recruiting team, Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and executive leadership.
Lathrop GPM Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship
Lathrop GPM is committed to diversity and inclusion at every level, and believes that the opportunities provided by its Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship will advance those efforts. As a component of the firm’s strategic overall diversity and inclusion initiatives, the fellowship provides up to $20,000 annually in scholarship funds, which may be awarded to one or more law students in order to assist with tuition, fees, books, supplies and other course related expenses. The fellowship recipient(s) will also receive a 2L summer associate position in the firm’s summer program.
Enrolled and in good standing as a second-year law student at an ABA accredited law school.
A commitment to participate in the summer associate program at one of the firm’s offices.
Timely submission of all Fellowship application materials.
The desire and ability to promote or enhance diversity in the legal profession.
- Complete an online application designated for the 2L Diversity Fellowship.
- Unofficial transcript of law school grades.
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words describing how your background, personal attributes and/or characteristics will contribute meaningfully to the firm’s diversity and inclusion goals and/or diversity in the legal profession/community.
- Two professional, personal or academic references or letters of recommendation.
Cristo Rey Program
Lathrop GPM has partnered with the Cristo Rey Network, which provides a faith-based, college preparatory education to economically disadvantaged young people in urban communities. Students attend school four days each week, then work in a corporate office on the fifth day to help pay for their education. Lathrop GPM continues to host students through this initiative, helping them learn basic job skills that are critical to future success.
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship
- Midwest Black Law Student Association
- Local and National Diverse Bar Associations
- Law Schools and Diverse Student Organizations
- Diverse Professional Organizations