Women’s Initiative Network
The Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) is a collaborative effort between women attorneys and firm leadership, including the Managing Partner, Executive Committee, and other firm committees. WIN encourages a firm culture that acknowledges and affirms that successful women attorneys are an integral part of Lathrop GPM and are essential for its future success. WIN addresses issues of concern to women attorneys and provides support, firm-wide networking and mentoring for women attorneys. WIN also sponsors and facilitates business and professional development activities, seeks ways to strengthen relationships, and supports community activities on behalf of women attorneys.
Lathrop GPM regularly hosts events that educate, inspire and promote networking among firm attorneys and other professionals. Our events have included annual networking retreats, workshops, restorative wellness events, professional development training, and recreational social and sporting events, among others.
Many of Lathrop GPM’s innovative community outreach and philanthropic giving programs aim to inspire, develop and empower women and girls of all ages and stages. Our firm partners with and supports women’s organizations, including:
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Girl Scouts of Easter Missouri
- Women’s Foundation of Greater St. Louis
- Women’s Employment Network
- Young Women on the Move
Our leaders also individually give time to develop and inspire young women through volunteer and board service to organizations and causes that encourage and support girls.
Through our outreach program and initiatives, we are creating opportunities for future lawyers, broadening career perspectives and providing examples young women and girls can look up to. Our firm and our leaders are passionate about the importance of this work and are committed to continuing to support women and girls.
Lathrop GPM – along with its legacy firms – is pleased to have received the following national recognition for its women’s initiatives:
- 2020 Diversity & Flexibility Alliance’s Tipping the Scales Award, recognizing Lathrop Gage for having 50 percent or more women in its 2020 new partner class.
- 2019 Working Mother's Best Law Firms for Women, recognizing Gray Plant Mooty as a legal industry leader in best practices for recruiting, retaining, promoting, and developing women lawyers. This recognition marked the seventh time Gray Plant Mooty was named to the list.