Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
We help clients conceptualize, negotiate, implement and administer strategic alliances; sourcing agreements; and distribution agreements with suppliers, customers and competitors.
Across many technologies, industries and distribution channels, our experience ranges from the formation of joint venture entities with complex corporate governance issues to the development of strategic contractual arrangements designed to benefit multiple parties and attract investors and the preparation, negotiation and defense of intellectual property licensing agreements.
Specific areas of concentration:
- Software licensing and maintenance
- Print content licensing
- Strategic supplier arrangements
- Joint venture entities
- Web content licensing
- Technology transfer transactions
- Distribution agreements
Lathrop GPM advises clients concerning relevant federal, state and foreign laws and regulations, with a keen focus on achieving business objectives and protecting business operations and assets.
- Represented a publicly traded motion picture exhibition company in negotiating, implementing and managing:
- A joint venture with a minority-owned entity to create and operate an inner-city theater chain;
- Joint ventures with developers to build and operate theaters in Thailand, Hong Kong, the People’s Republic of China, Japan and Taiwan; and
- Strategic beverage supply agreements with a major soft drink company for all of the client’s locations in North America.
- Handled the formation of a joint venture involving an alcohol plant in Illinois and a food ingredient manufacturer in Kansas. Our attorneys advised on the joint venture agreement, financing documents and marketing and distribution agreements for the $30 million transaction.
In the News
- September 24, 2018
- August 29, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- National Law Journal Recognizes Dale Werts as a 2018 “Cryptocurrency/Blockchain/Fintech Trailblazer”September 1, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- May 30, 2018
- T: 320.202.5315
- T: 816.460.5816