Wholesale & Retail Distribution
Ensure your company's dealer sales and distribution system has sound legal advice in full supply.
Today’s global economy opens up new channels – and growing opportunity – for businesses seeking to expand sales of their products and services into new markets across the United States and internationally. At the same time, companies must balance these opportunities with the need to maximize profit, compete for top sales talent, and mitigate unauthorized sales of their products on the internet by third parties.
From mid-sized manufacturing companies to Fortune 500 organizations and franchisors with global brand recognition, businesses seeking to maximize opportunities and respond swiftly to challenges rely on the experienced attorneys at Lathrop GPM to help them achieve their business objectives.
We represent entrepreneurial ventures, growing manufacturing companies, and some of the nation's most recognized brands and franchisors seeking to develop and manage sales, distribution, and pricing systems.
We are trusted advisors to companies and their in-house counsel doing business in the U.S. and internationally in such industries as:
- Equipment and other manufactured hard goods
- Food and beverage
- Software and technology
- Transportation and logistics
Our attorneys advise businesses with all facets of their distribution and supply chain. We regularly work with companies at the front end of establishing distribution and pricing programs, while ensuring regulatory compliance for more mature supply chain operations. And, when disputes arise, our experienced litigators provide swift, proactive counsel to help clients achieve their goals and with minimal disruption to business operations.
Businesses turn to our attorney team for guidance on:
- Drafting contracts for distribution programs
- Antitrust counsel related to pricing programs for dealers and distribution collusion issues arising under the Sherman Act and foreign competition laws
- Dealer, distributor, and sales representative lawsuits
- Termination of dealer agreements
- Termination of sales representatives
- Resale controls and territory restrictions
- Minimum advertised price (MAP) policies