Lathrop GPM’s entrepreneurial services team knows what is involved in starting a business because so many of our lawyers have personal experience with it. We’re recognized throughout the investment and entrepreneurial communities for our business acumen and our legal skills.
That means knowing your business, your competitors, your markets, and your objectives inside and out, and monitoring industry trends and technologies that will impact your success. It means providing creative and cost-effective service. And because entrepreneurs tend to move quickly, it means working promptly to keep you on schedule.
Inception to Success
Our team represents emerging and growth businesses from inception through public offering or acquisition — and beyond.
We assist as you:
- Form the entity, establish its governance structure, and develop shareholder agreements
- Protect and license intellectual property
- Establish employment and consulting agreements
- Create stock options and executive compensation plans
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Obtain financing, including private, public, and venture capital sources
- Comply with state and federal securities laws
- Structure strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Pursue mergers and acquisitions
Because even small decisions at the formative stages can make a big difference as your company grows, our team provides counsel right from the start to minimize later costs and challenges.
You have a vision for your business and its position in the marketplace. You also realize that each stage of your company’s development requires different tactics and strategies. We take all of these factors into account as we help you get you where you want to go. We’ve been privileged to develop long-term business relationships with many entrepreneurs. In fact, many of our lawyers continue to serve as strategists and board members of companies they helped establish.
For the latest on legal topics of concern to entrepreneurs and other topics, check out the entreVIEW blog written by Lathrop GPM attorneys.
In the News
- January 2, 2023
- August 3, 2022
- January 27, 2016
- December 16, 2015
- August 17, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- August 18, 2022
- June 27, 2022