Wade T. Anderson
For over 30 years, Wade Anderson has practiced exclusively in the area of real estate-related transactions. His representation of a wide variety of business entities and individuals in diverse situations has prepared Wade to approach transactions with a practical understanding that works to get the deal done. Wade enjoys partnering with his clients to tackle difficult issues with creative problem solving.
The variety of transactions within the real estate community makes for interesting and challenging work. From the seemingly simple vacant land purchase to the complex mixed-use development, Wade has had the opportunity to provide legal counsel as his clients work their way through the planning process, government approvals, land acquisition, environmental issues, financing, development, construction, and leasing.
While experienced in a wide variety of real estate matters, Wade has particular knowledge in the area of commercial real estate development, which typically involves land acquisition, environmental remediation, construction financing, negotiation of architect and construction contracts, imposition of common interest community regimes and reciprocal easement arrangements, master lease, ground lease, sublease and other use agreements, and ultimate project disposition.
An essential element of any real estate acquisition or development is to understand and create an appropriate ownership vehicle. Wade also has extensive experience with the formation of a variety of ownership and investment entities allowing for customized ownership and control of the resulting asset.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Acquisition of a $70 million retail project in the Uptown area of Minneapolis involving a New York investment group.
- Development of the MoZaic mixed-use (restaurant, parking, office) project in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.
- Development of the first senior housing project in the Minneapolis central business district for Ecumen.
- Acquisition and redevelopment of a two million square foot facility on an environmentally contaminated site into multiple new, state-of-the-art office/warehouse/industrial buildings.
- Development of a new 330,000 square foot ambulatory care medical facility, involving the negotiation of construction agreements, medical leases, and facility use agreements.
- Negotiation of construction and architect agreements for new construction and redevelopment projects.
- Major restructuring of a university’s land and building holdings using a variety of ground leases, building leases, and facility use agreements.
- Multiple major office lease transactions.
- Acquisition and redevelopment of projects in St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth, and suburban areas of Minnesota.
- November 13, 2014
- October 29, 2014
- October 20, 2014
- Bricks and Mortar(boards): A Discussion of Financing, Real Estate, and Governance Issues for Campus Building ProjectsSeptember 25, 2012
- March 26, 2010
- "Green Building and LEED Certification: A Valuation Perspective," Minnesota Real Estate Journal Sustainable Design & New Technology ConferenceApril 30, 2009
- October 14, 2008
- “Considerations in Legal Documentation for LEED Projects,” The Greater St. Cloud Area is Turning GreenSeptember 11, 2008
- April 8, 2008
- “Brownfield Case Study: Development of Edgewood Business Center,” Minnesota CLE, The Environmental Law InstituteApril 19, 2006
- April 12, 2005
- April 6, 2005
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- October 31, 2008
- "An Ounce Of Prevention...," Finance and Commerce's Forum ReportOctober 16, 2008
In the News
- July 2, 2015
- April 13, 2015
- April 13, 2015
- April 16, 2010
- August 19, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- Lathrop GPM Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year, and Ones to Watch for 2021August 20, 2020
- Chambers USA 2020 Names Lathrop GPM a Top Law Firm, Insurance Recovery Team Earns New Recognition, Franchise Group Ranked NationwideApril 23, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- March 27, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- April 1, 2017
- April 1, 2015
- Urban Land Institute
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors
- Bethel University Foundation, board of governors
- Catalyst Community Partners, board member
- OneVillage Partners, member organizing committee and sponsor
- Bethel University, former trustee board member and officer
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, 2018 - 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018–2022
- “North Star Lawyers,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012, 2014
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated from Martindale-Hubbell
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1987
Azusa Pacific University, M.A., 1982
Bethel College, B.A., 1979