Wade S. Hauser
Wade Hauser advises a range of nonprofit organizations — such as health care organizations, colleges, and foundations —regarding formation, affiliations, governance, dissolution, contracting, and other matters. Wade also regularly advises on charitable giving and tax-exemption issues facing private foundations and public charities.
Before joining the firm, Wade served as a judicial clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, clerking for the Honorable James E. Gritzner. He is also an alumnus of the firm’s Summer Associate Program.
Wade holds a J.D. from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he was one of two recipients of the John F. Murray Award recognizing the highest grade point average in the graduating class.
Prior to law school, Wade worked for several nonprofit corporations and served as an AmeriCorps volunteer in Washington, D.C., where he helped coordinate a free, walk-in clinic and conducted HIV testing and counseling.
- “North Star Lawyers,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 2016, 2017, 2019
- April 28, 2016
- September 28, 2015
- Nonprofit Alert: Congress Repeals “Nonprofit Parking Tax” and Simplifies Private Foundation Excise Tax on Investment Income12/30/2019
- "Charitable Trusts," Minnesota Trust Administration Deskbook, 3d ed., Minnesota State Bar Association8/1/2018
- Health Law Alert: HIPAA Business Associates Take Note - Recent Enforcement Actions, HIPAA Audits Urge Compliance9/29/2016
- Health Law Alert: CMS Tries to Reduce Stark Law Compliance Burden in 2016 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule11/24/2015
- “Does Iowa’s Health Care External Review Process Replace Common-Law Rights?,” Iowa Law Review, Vol. 996/1/2014
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with highest distinction, 2014, Order of the Coif; Iowa Law Review, articles editor
St. Olaf College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009, Political Science, Environmental Studies, student body president