Thomas A. Rodriguez
Tom Rodriguez brings over 20 years of experience to the firm's Trusts, Estates & Legacy Planning practice group. He focuses his practice on probate litigation, including contested guardianships and conservatorships, fiduciary representation, and other will and trust litigation.
Tom has lectured on topics such as probate litigation and ethics before the Colorado Bar Association, the Boulder County Bar Association and other groups. He is a member of the Executive Council of The Colorado Bar Association's Elder Law Section and a former Co-Chair of the Section. Tom is also a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). Additionally, Tom is a member of the Boulder County Bar Association, as well as serving on its Professionalism Committee, and a member of the Boulder County Estate Planning Council. Early in his career, Tom worked for the Aurora Public Defender’s office, where he tried more than 50 jury trials.
Tom enjoys the challenging work in this area of dealing with clients and families in crises. He believes the term “counselor at law” is particularly apt to this working in this area. Tom takes great satisfaction in assisting his clients in navigating through these oft troubled waters of conflict towards finding solutions that allow his clients to find peace and justice. Tom will often say that the most important job of any litigator is to keep a client out of court, although, if efforts at settlement should fail, he also has the skills, ability and determination to take a matter though trial. Throughout the entire process, he believes it is imperative to treat everyone involved in the process with professionalism, respect and dignity as attorneys should all strive to do in the practice of law.
In his free time, Tom enjoys spending time with his two daughters; he also enjoys golf, fantasy football, live music, and cheering on his beloved Oklahoma Sooners football team.
- Co-presenter, "Conservator-Created Wills," 15th Annual Rocky Mountain Regional Elder Law Retreat, August 25, 2023
- Panelist, "Side Bar: Principles of Professionalism," Boulder County Bar Association CLE, February 9, 2023
- Co-presenter, "How to Reduce the Likelihood of Estate and Trust Litigation in the Planning and Administration Phases," Denver Estate Planning Council Virtual Meeting, March 17, 2022
- August 17, 2023
- June 21, 2023
- March 3, 2023
- January 9, 2023
- July 8, 2022
- March 4, 2022
- December 2, 2021
Boulder County Bar Association Professionalism Committee, Member
The Colorado Bar Association Elder Law Section, Executive Council Member
Boulder County Bar Association, Member
- Boulder County Estate Planning Council
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America©, 2016-2021, 2024
- Thomson Reuters, "Colorado Super Lawyers," 2015-2023
- 5280 Magazine, "Top Lawyer," 2016-2023