Daniel W. Remington
As a member of the Financial Services practice group, Dan focuses his practice on assisting clients in reorganization and bankruptcy matters. Dan works with trustees, receivers, financial institutions, and corporate creditors in Chapter 7 and 11 cases.
Dan is also involved with the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution group where he practices general commercial litigation and Superfund litigation.
As a former legal writing instructor, Dan is passionate about clear and concise writing and is a contributor to the Minnesota Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Bulletin and the firm’s Franchise Memorandum. Dan has also presented on bankruptcy issues for the National Business Institute.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan worked for the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency as a legal extern, where he performed research related to water, air and contaminated waste issues. Dan also served as an intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota where he worked on civil and criminal litigation matters in federal court.
When he’s not working, Dan enjoys working on home projects, camping, and biking around his neighborhood with his wife and young son.
- Represents lenders in commercial workouts, replevins, and foreclosure actions.
- Represents financial institutions, lessors and trade vendors state court receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors and in commercial bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations.
- Represents lenders in drafting, negotiating, and closing commercial real estate transactions.
- Represents business and institutional clients in administrative proceedings and litigation arising from Superfund, hazardous waste, and industrial storm water discharge issues.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- November 10, 2021
- Dilley Pro Bono Project (Dilley, TX), Volunteer, 2019
80 South Eighth Street3100 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
- Financial Services
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Secured Creditor Representation
- Environmental Litigation
- Complex Financial Litigation
- General Business & Complex Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Lending
- Unsecured Creditors & Committee Representation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Workout & Restructuring
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2021
Indiana University, B.S., Public Affairs, magna cum laude, 2014