Workout & Restructuring
We work closely with members of our financial institutions and real estate departments to represent borrowers, lenders, indenture trustees and other secured and unsecured parties in negotiating and documenting complex debt workouts and restructurings.
- Serve as regional counsel for one of the largest banks in the United States. In this capacity, we have handled numerous loan workout and restructurings involving single and multiple asset real estate collateral, manufacturing operations and other commercial debtors.
- Represent two of the largest loan servicing firms in the United States in numerous workout and restructuring matters involving all types of real estate and Commercial Mortgage-Backed Security loans.
- Represented a five-member lender group in workout and restructuring negotiations relating to loans totaling approximately $28 million secured by the assets of a parimutuel racetrack. The negotiations resulted in the lenders obtaining additional liens securing their claims and payment of past due and current interest on the entire debt.
- Represent a national auto manufacturer/finance company in workouts and restructurings involving floor plan financing loans to auto dealerships.
- Serve as primary counsel for a large Midwest bank. This representation generates numerous loan workout opportunities that include restructuring or liquidation by borrowers in an orderly liquidation outside of bankruptcy.
- Represent private financing entities which acquire pools of loans from banks in their post-acquisition enforcement actions to secure repayment or recovery of collateral securing the loans.
In the News
- October 26, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- November 14, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- July 19, 2017
- September 15, 2010