The Commercial Lending team at Lathrop GPM is a trusted resource for commercial lenders, regionally and nationwide. Advising, negotiating and preparing documents for all types of credit transactions, our team helps advance the financial objectives of client companies that include:
- Asset-based lenders
- Equity and debt funds
- Farm Credit System associations
- Leasing companies
- Trust companies
We work with our clients on a broad range of finance transactions such as:
- Acquisition finance
- Agricultural finance
- Asset-based loans
- Bond finance
- Commercial loans
- Commercial real estate lending
- Casino finance
- ESOP lending
- Floor plan finance
- Franchise finance
- Health care finance
- Letter of credit facilities
- Mezzanine finance
- Restructuring and workout transactions
- Subordinated debt finance
- Assisted client in the acquisition of loan pools in the value range of $5-40 million by drafting documents, negotiating terms and structure, and closing the transactions
- Prepared loan documents for financing by client in the amount of $90 million for the construction of an ethanol plant.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a $75 million multicurrency revolving credit facility from a group of lenders.
- Represented a borrower in connection with the payoff of its existing credit facility and the implementation of a $12.5 million credit facility with a replacement lender.
- Represented a casino lending group in connection with the $15 million financing for the refurbishment of a casino, including negotiation of dominion account and other collateral security documentation and intercreditor arrangements.
- Represented a heavy-equipment distributor in connection with the issuance of $50 million in senior notes.
- Represented a leasing company in connection with $30 million multi-borrower secured term and revolving credit facilities to a multi-unit franchisee and affiliates.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the financing of the leveraged acquisition of a privately held operator of radio stations.
- Represented senior lenders in connection with a $400 million revolving credit facility for a multi-state swine producer.
- Represented senior lenders in connection with approximately 20 loans for biofuel facilities.
In the News
- Law360 Mentions Brian Holland and Benjamin Struby for Representing Plaintiff in Judge’s Decision to Grant A Motion for Summary JudgmentMarch 7, 2023
- July, 24, 2012
- October 13, 2011
- June 30, 2011
- July 1, 2011
- June 27, 2011
- October 30, 2023
- October 10, 2022
- September 11, 2015
- November 13, 2014
- February 13, 2019
- July 29, 2016
- January 6, 2014
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Equal Credit Opportunity Act — A Primer on Disparate Impact, Part OneJuly 24, 2013
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Secured Creditor Loses Security Interest In Cash By Delivering The Cash To A Bankruptcy TrusteeApril 3, 2013
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: CFPB Bulletin Provides Warning to Indirect Lenders and Auto DealersMarch 25, 2013
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Protection for Privileged Information Disclosed to CFPB ClarifiedJanuary 8, 2013
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Low Income Tax Credits Must Be Included in Debtor’s Plan ValuationOctober 18, 2012
- August 14, 2012
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Supreme Court Affirms a Secured Creditor's Right to Credit Bid for its Collateral at a Sale Under a Bankruptcy PlanJune 14, 2012
- Commercial Financial Services Brief: Subsidiary Liens Securing Debt of Corporate Parent Avoided as Fraudulent TransfersMay 21, 2012
- April 19, 2012
- April 19, 2012
- February 13, 2012
- April 29, 2010