Rebecca "Beckie" S. Yocum
Beckie Yocum is an experienced litigator who has successfully defended clients in state and federal courts across the country. She concentrates her litigation practice in the areas of labor and employment, business, real estate, construction and municipal law. Beckie is an effective advocate for her clients in all aspects of the litigation process.
- Obtained a jury defense verdict for an employer in a MHRA age discrimination and retaliation case.
- Achieved a defense verdict for an employer in a sex discrimination and Equal Pay Act jury trial.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for an employer in an Americans with Disabilities Act case.
Business and Municipal Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment on a $16 million insurance claim brought by the FDIC on a financial institution crime bond.
- Achieved a jury defense verdict for client on claims arising from the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
- Achieved jury defense verdict for bank client on various tort claims.
- Obtained jury defense verdict for property manager on negligence claims.
- Received dismissal of constitutional claims relating to a City's gun control ordinances.
- Received directed verdict at close of all evidence on claim of fraud against multiple appraisal clients.
- Obtained dismissal of a class action against a bank client in Cook County, Illinois. Plaintiffs alleged the client had violated the Illinois Interest Act. The Illinois Court of Appeals affirmed the dismissal.
- Achieved dismissal of federal and state claims against a City for alleged violations of the Federal Clean Water Act and other regulations and statutes.
- Obtained summary judgment on numerous tort claims brought against two bank loan officers.
- Obtained dismissal of federal constitutional claims and state claims against a City relating to zoning and development issues.
- Obtained dismissal of a class action complaint making federal usury and anti-tying claims against client bank.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, Decade Award
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2021
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, 2011-present
- November 15, 2018
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Lathrop GPM Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year, and Ones to Watch for 2021August 20, 2020
- November 13, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- January 23, 2018
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1983
Missouri Southern State College, BSBA, 1979