Gray Plant Mooty’s Clinton Schroeder Honored by Minneapolis Rotary
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (January 4, 2010) — The Minneapolis-based law firm of Gray Plant Mooty (GPM) is pleased to announce that Clinton Schroeder, a longtime principal with the firm, is the recipient of the Marty Baskerville Philanthropy Award from the Minneapolis Rotary Community Service Foundation.
The Marty Baskerville Philanthropy Award is presented annually to a Minneapolis Rotarian who has made a significant difference in furthering the objectives of the Minneapolis Rotary Community Service Foundation or the Rotary International Foundation.
Schroeder, a highly regarded tax lawyer, has been a Minneapolis Rotarian since 1989. He served as president of the Minneapolis Rotary from 2006 to 2007, and president of the Minneapolis Rotary Community Service Foundation from 2004 to 2006.
Throughout his distinguished career, Schroeder has given his time and talents to numerous community and charitable organizations. In addition to his leadership positions with the Minneapolis Rotary, Schroeder has served as, among others:
- President of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- President of the Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board Chair of The Minneapolis Foundation
- Board Chair of Fairview Health Services
- Board Chair of the Southdale YMCA
- Cochair of Leave a Legacy Minnesota
Schroeder is also the recipient of numerous awards, including, among others:
- University of Minnesota Outstanding Achievement Award
- Hennepin County Bar Association Professional of the Year Award
- Minnesota Planned Giving Council Clinton A. Schroeder Distinguished Service Award (named in his honor)
Schroeder has practiced law with Gray Plant Mooty since 1957. He has been named one of “The Best Lawyers in America” by Woodward/White for 32 consecutive years.
Gray Plant Mooty is recognized as one of the leading corporate law firms in Minnesota and one of the top franchise firms in the world. Our roots go back to 1866. Today, we are a 170-attorney, full-service firm with offices in Minneapolis and St. Cloud, Minnesota, and Washington, DC. Our attorneys and staff provide exceptional client service and value to our clients, and directly or with our global affiliations, we provide comprehensive legal services on a regional, national, and global basis.