Lathrop GPM Insurance Recovery Practice Receives National Benchmark Litigation Honors; Nine Attorneys Named Benchmark Litigation Stars
Nov. 6, 2020 — In the recently announced 2021 edition of Benchmark Litigation – United States, Lathrop GPM received a national Tier 2 ranking in the area of Insurance, a prestigious first-time honor achieved by the firm’s nationwide Insurance Recovery & Counseling Practice Group. The firm was also ranked “Highly Recommended” in Missouri and “Recommended” in Kansas and Minnesota.
In addition to the firm accolade, nine partners were individually recognized. Seven Lathrop GPM partners were named 2021 Benchmark Litigation Stars, with one of them also being named to the Benchmark Litigation Top 250 Women in Litigation list. One was named a 2021 Future Star, and one was recognized as a 2020 Labor & Employment Star, for the second consecutive year.
The Lathrop GPM attorneys recognized and their honors are as follows:
- Michael J. Abrams (Kansas City, Mo.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star; Commercial, Entertainment, Insurance, Media, Securities
- Scott Beeler (Overland Park, Kan.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star; Commercial, Real Estate
- Nancy Sher Cohen (Los Angeles, Calif.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star, 2020 Top 250 Women in Litigation; Insurance (her ninth consecutive year)
- Dean Eyler (Minneapolis, Minn.) – 2021 Local Litigation Future Star; Intellectual Property
- Brian C. Fries (Kansas City, Mo.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star; Commercial, Insurance, Securities
- Jennifer M. Hannah (Kansas City, Mo.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star, Commercial
- Gregory R. Merz (Minneapolis, Minn.) – 2021 Local Litigation Star; Commercial, Competition/Antitrust, Securities, White Collar Crime
- Laura Reathaford (Los Angeles, Calif.) – 2020 Labor & Employment Star; Labor & Employment (for the second year)
- Robert E. Thackston (Dallas, Texas) – 2021 Local Litigation Star; Commercial, Product Liability
Known as “the definitive guide to the leading litigation law firms and lawyers around the world,” Benchmark Litigation conducts extensive interviews with litigators and in-house counsel to identify preeminent litigation practitioners and firms.