Taryn A. Nash
Taryn Nash focuses her practice on business litigation, serving clients in a variety of areas including complex commercial litigation, First Amendment, Open Records/Sunshine Law, nuisance claims, insurance recovery and more. As a former college-athlete, Taryn is passionate about providing her clients with exceptional and skillful representation at all stages of litigation to achieve her client's goals.
A desire to help people and a Jesuit education led Taryn to practice law. To date, one of Taryn's most meaningful clients was an Arkansas woman serving life in prison without the possibility of parole, for a murder she was wrongfully accused of committing at just 16-years-old. Taryn worked with a team of Lathrop GPM attorneys and the Midwest Innocence Project to file a petition for habeas corpus asserting the woman's actual innocence, which was integral in securing her release after 26 years in prison.
Taryn joined the firm after working as a summer associate in 2015 and 2016, where she was responsible for conducting research, writing memos and briefing attorneys in the areas of attorney-client privilege, products liability, warranties, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, CERCLA, Kansas Consumer Protection Act, Kansas B2 class actions and various employment laws.
Taryn also served as a judicial intern to Honorable Cynthia L. Martin in the Missouri Court of Appeals in the Western District as well as served as an intern to the Honorable Jeffrey L. Busher in the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri Division.
As a Kansas City native, Taryn enjoys being active in the community that raised her. Taryn devotes time to coaching and instructing young girls interested in or playing competitive volleyball. Taryn frequently works with students at her alma mater, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, by conducting mock-interviews and assisting with bar prep activities.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, 2019
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy Committee, "Co-Vice Chair," 2019-2020.
- Author, "Missouri Awards "All-Sums" for Nooter's Long-Tail Liability", Road to Insurance Recovery Blog, June 2018
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Dean's List, 2014 - 2017
- Charles E. Whittaker Award for Academic Excellence recipient
- The Urban Lawyer, Student Editor in Chief
- The Hon. Joseph E. Stevens, Jr. Memorial Prize recipient
- UMKC Honor Court Judge
- CALI Awards: Lawyering Skills I, Lawyering Skills II, Contracts I, Property I, Property II, Constitutional Law, Federal Taxation, Business Organization, Equity, Civil Rights Litigation, Products Liability
Spring Hill College, B.S., summa cum laude, 2014