Robin L. Maynard
Robin Maynard focuses on investigating allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender-related violence, child abuse and protected class discrimination and harassment. Much of Robin’s investigation work is done on behalf of K-12 schools, higher-ed institutions, and faith-based organizations. Robin also adjudicates such matters on behalf of institutions, including acting as a hearing officer at live hearings. In addition, Robin conducts independent investigations into allegations of child abuse and external reviews of organizations’ child safety prevention and response efforts.
Robin brings a unique background to her practice. She is a former Assistant Hennepin County Attorney. As a prosecutor she worked in Adult Criminal Court, Juvenile Court and Family Court. In Family Court, Robin represented the State in child support matters. As a Juvenile Court attorney, Robin represented the state of Minnesota in juvenile delinquency hearings. In Juvenile Court Robin worked with individual juveniles, families, social workers, probation officers and Child Protection Services to ensure the best outcomes for accused juveniles as well as victims. Robin was specifically trained to address the needs and rights of juveniles and victims. She spent most of her time at Hennepin County in Adult Criminal Court prosecuting a range of criminal felony offenses, including sexual assault, attempted murder and murder. Robin was also on the Minneapolis Gang Unit.
Additionally, Robin previously worked as an adjunct faculty member at William Mitchell College of Law where she taught legal writing. Robin also clerked at the Dakota County Attorney's Office in the Adult Criminal Division.
- Conducted investigations of alleged sexual misconduct involving students and faculty at private K-12 schools and universities
- Adjudicated Title IX sexual misconduct hearing as Hearing Officer at live hearing
- Advised non-profit organization and K-12 school on decisions arising from sexual misconduct investigations
- Friends of FANA, Board of Directors, Vice President
- Harding University, Annual Fund Co-Chair
- Hope Academy, Advancement Committee
- New Life Academy, School Board, Vice Chair; Mock Trial Coach/Advisor
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
Harding University, B.A. Political Science, 1989