Christopher T. Pierce
Christopher Pierce serves as leader of the firm's Real Estate & Tax Credit practice group. Real estate and finance form the core of his practice - with an emphasis on projects financed with tax credits and other incentives. Chris places a high value on meeting all needs of each client.
Nonprofit and for-profit real estate developers, investors, syndicators and lenders turn to Chris for guidance on transactions involving low-income housing tax credits, historic tax credits and new markets tax credits.
His practice also includes advising clients in the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of office, retail, industrial, and multi-family residential properties. In addition, he assists lenders in documenting and closing commercial real estate and asset-based loans.
- Represented an equity investor in connection with its $25 million qualified equity investment (consisting of a $7.8 million equity investment and $18.4 million leveraged loan) that was loaned to five Habitat for Humanity affiliates in the Gulf Opportunity (GO) Zone to build approximately 300 homes in communities affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Represented a nonprofit developer in its $10 million rehabilitation of a historic YMCA building into a performing arts center in Dallas, Texas, in a deal that combined 10 percent federal historic tax credits and a $7.5 million NMTC allocation in a master lease structure.
- Represented an equity investor in connection with two federal QEIs and one Missouri QEI totaling approximately $7.9 million in connection with the construction of an addition to a school located in downtown St. Louis, Missouri.
- Represented a new markets tax credit allocatee and its subsidiary community development entity in connection with a $13 million QEI used to make loans to and equity investments in a developer rehabilitating a Nabisco Bakery Building in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Represented bridge lenders in connection with state low-income tax credit bridge loans to equity investors in developers rehabilitating low-income housing in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Speaker, NMTCs for Nonprofit Organizations, Novogradac 2017 New Markets Tax Credit Fall Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2017
- Targeted Populations, Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit Conference, San Diego, California, January 2017.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- March 17, 2011
In the News
- November 18, 2014
- August 17, 2023
- June 22, 2023
- August 18, 2022
- August 19, 2021
- Lathrop GPM Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year, and Ones to Watch for 2021August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- American Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019-2024
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- CALI Award for Excellence, Law & Politics Seminar
- Journal of Law and Policy, Associate Editor
Carleton College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001