Bradley J. Hintze
Bradley Hintze has extensive experience working with local and regional developers, lenders, and landlords, as well as businesses of all sizes in a variety of real estate transactions. Bradley enjoys partnering with his clients to analyze complex issues and develop creative and effective solutions.
In his spare time, Bradley spends time with his wife and son, watches football, plays golf, and spends time at the cabin.
Transfers and Development
- Led purchase of more than 100 single-family and townhome lots in two distressed developments in the NW Metro (of Minneapolis and St. Paul) from foreclosing lender, including substantial work-out issues and detailed due diligence.
- Co-lead counsel for the purchase of 84 acres for municipal client, including preparing purchase agreement, leading property due diligence, and coordinating financing with Bond Counsel.
- Co-lead counsel in development of 100+ lot single-family vacation home development in Northern Minnesota for Fortune 100 client; drafted CCR and disclosure documents and negotiated with local governmental units for related approvals.
- Assisting counsel responsible for all transactional due diligence matters for purchase of more than 150 advertising units.
- Originating counsel for regional lender in $1.5 million refinancing hotel project in the SE Metro .
- Originating counsel for $2.5 million term loan (with participation) for investment real estate in West Metro.
- Lead counsel for national lender in deals including $3.5 million construction to permanent financing for self-storage project in South Metro, $1.0 million line of credit to religious institution borrower for improvements to church school, and $3.3 million construction-to-permanent financing loan for 37,000 square foot manufacturing facility in South Metro.
- Assisted with leasing operations (office and retail) for national pension fund portfolios and various landlords with local and regional property portfolios.
- Assisted with the real estate portion of corporate divorce in which client medical practice assumed and/or entered into more than 35 leases for practice and office space; reviewed and abstracted leases to be assumed, negotiated new leases and terms and conditions of assignments, SNDAs, estoppel certificate and shared space agreements for multiple locations.
- Serviced high net worth estate planning clients real estate portfolios, including “form” lease development/revision, lease negotiation, property acquisition, divestiture, restructuring and financing, and related due diligence.
- Assisted corporate counsel with real estate aspects of purchase and divestiture of medical and dental practices throughout Minnesota, including negotiation, review and assignment of leases, drafting and negotiating tenancy in common agreements and Member Control Agreements and analyzing various other ownership structures and title issues.
- Assisted corporate and estate planning clients with office, industrial, warehouse and retail leasing needs, including both landlord and tenant-side representation.
- Co-Author, "Reopening offices amid a global pandemic: A tenant’s view," Colorado Real Estate Journal, August 5, 2020
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- June 10, 2020
- “Avoiding Legal Pitfalls of Renting Out Vacation Property,” Minnesota Real Estate JournalJuly 1, 2010
- “Dealing with Commercial Mortgage Defaults in Minnesota,” Directions, TwinWest Chamber of CommerceFebruary 1, 2010
- May 5, 2016
- January 31, 2013
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial Properties
- Risk Management Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Emerging Leaders, board chair, 2009-2011
- Volunteer Superstar Award, TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Emerging Leaders, June 2011
- “North Star Lawyers,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 2015
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude
University of Wisconsin, B.S., Economics and International Relations