Lathrop GPM is well versed in the government regulations that affect owners, contractors and designers, particularly those companies that do business with the public sector.
We regularly provide advice on the following:
- How to prepare for government investigations
- Document retention and whistleblower provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley (which apply to private companies as well as public)
- Dos and don’ts when contracting with the government
- Avoiding individual conflicts of interest
- Negotiating organizational conflicts of interest
- False Claims Act
- Fraud and wrongdoing
- Environmental issues
Examples of how we assist clients in these areas:
- Prepare mitigation plans to address organizational conflicts of interest
- Develop policies and procedures for document and electronic file retention and compliance programs
Through our long history of involvement in political affairs, both as participants and shapers of the process itself, Lathrop GPM has consistently earned respected relationships with governmental officials that help us to help our clients.
We advise our clients on:
- How to comply with campaign finance laws
- Formation and operation of Political Action Committees
- Regulations on lobbying, gifts and gratuities
Compliance with professional licensing requirements is essential for individuals. There are professional licensing requirements for companies providing professional services, and failure to comply with those can, in addition to other consequences, result in loss of payment for the services.
- We have assisted our design clients in becoming licensed to provide architectural and engineering services in all 50 states.
- We have qualified owners, contractors and designers to do business in all jurisdictions.
- January 19, 2018
- November 14, 2018
- August 15, 2018