Eight Lathrop Gage Attorneys Obtain National IP Recognition
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 9, 2015) – Managing Intellectual Property magazine recently announced eight Lathrop Gage attorneys obtained recognition as 2015 “IP Stars.”
The award recognizes successful intellectual property attorneys based on peer and client recommendations in each attorney’s respective jurisdiction.
Lathrop Gage’s “IP Stars” include the following:
- David Barnard (Kansas City, Mo.) leads the Intellectual Property Litigation Department and focuses his practice on patent, trademark, false advertising, copyright, trade secret and other commercial disputes.
- Giulio DeConti (Boston) is the Chairman of the Intellectual Property Division and Partner in charge of the Boston office. He has 30 years of experience and specializes in matters involving biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and chemistry.
- Marshall Honeyman (Overland Park, Kan.) advises clients in a variety of patent matters ranging from aerospace systems to musical instruments. He formerly worked as a patent examiner and Associate Solicitor for the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Gerry Kraai (Overland Park, Kan.) manages a diverse client-base involving patent, trademark and copyright law. He has negotiated and prepared intellectual property licenses and agreements throughout the United States and abroad.
- Justin Poplin (Overland Park, Kan.) leads the Intellectual Property Transactions Department at the firm and focuses the majority of his practice on assisting clients with patent matters. He is well-known for his work involving Inter Partes Review and has led multiple cases in this area which have gained national attention.
- Allan J. Sternstein (Chicago) is the Assistant Division Chair of the Intellectual Property Division and has 30 years of experience in patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets litigation; counseling; and licensing. Most notably, he tried a case in which he presented before a jury and obtained a record-setting damages award of more than $100 million.
- Brian C. Trinque, Ph.D. (Boston) assists clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to independent inventors with matters involving all aspects of pharmaceutical development and the chemical arts.
- Jon Trembath (Denver) is the Assistant Chair of the Intellectual Property Division. He is known for his trial law and appeals experience and focuses primarily on litigating patents. Jon also has significant experience with the Inter Partes Review process and is 7:0 at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit when he has controlled the argument.
Lathrop Gage’s intellectual property division consists of more than 80 practitioners and includes attorneys with advanced degrees in a number of scientific fields as well as former patent and trademark examiners with the USPTO. In 2014, the firm’s intellectual property division ranked among the top 50 firms in Corporate Counsel's Annual Patent Litigation Survey.
About Lathrop Gage:
Lathrop Gage has 320 attorneys nationwide serving clients in the areas of litigation, intellectual property and business law. Chambers USA ranks Lathrop Gage’s corporate, environmental, labor and employment, litigation and real estate practices among the best in their regions. For more information, visit www.lathropgage.com.