Lathrop GPM Hosts Free 2021 State of Litigation Webinar Series for GCs
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (May 2021) — The annual State of Litigation webinar series hosted by Lathrop GPM begins Wednesday, June 9, and concludes Wednesday, June 23. This free virtual webinar series is available every Wednesday for three weeks and will address current litigation issues facing business in 2021.
Session topics will include PFAS, COVID-19, diversity, immigration, remote work policies, recent Supreme Court cases, intellectual property and advertising. In addition to hearing from numerous Lathrop GPM attorneys, 2021 State of Litigation will include the following guest speakers:
- Chief Intelligence & Knowledge Sharing Officer at Diversity Lab Lisa Kirby who will discuss how the Mansfield Rule initiative is helping law firms to increase their recruitment and retention of diverse attorneys.
- SVP Executive Director of Diversity & Inclusion at UMB Vanessa Sims and Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel at U.S. Bank Stephanie Grise who will discuss practical ways to implement DE&I initiatives at your company.
- Judge Michelle Childs, U.S. District Court Judge for the District of South Carolina and Chair of the American Bar Association Judicial Division who will discuss how the judiciary reacted to the pandemic accommodations and changes made because of the pandemic. She also will address the extent to which the changes may carry through as the country recovers.
- Executive Director of the Midwest Innocence Project Tricia Bushnell who will provide a pro bono update.
- Dean and Jesse H. Choper Distinguished Professor of Law at the University of California - Berkeley School of Law Erwin Chemerinsky will share his insight into some of the most notable Supreme Court cases from the historic 2019-2020 term.