Lathrop GPM’s St. Louis Trusts, Estates & Legacy Planning Team Adds Matthew Scheidker, Former Trust Officer
ST. LOUIS (May 10, 2021) — Lathrop GPM is pleased to welcome Associate Matthew Scheidker to the firm’s St. Louis office and the Trusts, Estates & Legacy Planning Practice Group. Scheidker brings a diverse set of experiences to Lathrop GPM, including experience as a trust officer, delving into tax issues with the Internal Revenue Service, clerking with the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office’s Felony Trial Unit, managing contracts for a healthcare information technology organization, and legal writing experience with a title insurance company.
Immediately before joining Lathrop GPM, Scheidker served as Assistant Vice President – Trust Officer with U.S. Bancorp, N.A., from May 2020 to present. While there, he managed client relationships, performing irrevocable and revocable trust administration, and estate settlement, and managing agency accounts and charitable trusts. He also identified and coordinated legal and tax issues with external and internal partners.
During law school, Scheidker:
- drafted wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and HIPAA waivers with a small law firm;
- inspected audit reports, prepared motions, answers, and discovery documents for litigation cases, conferenced with Tax Court judges, and collaborated with the U.S. Department of Justice to analyze and investigate taxpayers’ cases with the Internal Revenue Service – Office of the Chief Counsel;
- conducted preliminary hearings, crafted initial trial strategy, and developed case summaries – and second-chaired five felony trials – with the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office’s Felony Trial Unit;
- drafted and negotiated commercial agreements with Ascension Technologies’ Quality Assurance Group; and
- drafted legal memorandum on title-related matters with First American Title Insurance Company.
An Eagle Scout, Scheidker earned his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2020. He earned his B.S., cum laude, from University of Missouri in 2017. He graduated from Trinity Catholic High School in 2013.