Title IX/VAWA Boot Camp from trainED
Gray Plant Mooty
500 IDS Center (5th Floor)
80 South Eighth StreetMinneapolis, MN 55402
Firm Event & Webinar
Presented by: trainED
Get in Shape! Title IX Boot Camp
Is your institution in shape to comply with Title IX and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA)? Are you on track to meet the July 1 deadline for implementing required changes under the VAWA regulations? Get fit for compliance with trainED’s one-day Boot Camp.
Higher education institutions are legally required to provide specialized training on an annual basis on sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and related topics to employees with heightened responsibilities in these areas, such as Title IX coordinators and deputies, investigators/adjudicators, student services and human resources professionals, administrators, and campus security personnel.
Join us for a day of in-depth training to satisfy these requirements. Participants will leave the Boot Camp with an up-to-date understanding of current compliance requirements and their heightened responsibilities and obligations.
This training will cover:
- Understanding the legal landscape of:
- Title IX
- VAWA/Clery Act
- Mandatory reporting laws
- Recent resolution agreements
- Identifying Title IX coordinator roles and responsibilities
- Determining key components of lawful and effective policies and procedures relating to sexual misconduct
- Conducting lawful and effective investigations and adjudications
- Providing services to victims of sexual violence
- Creating a culture of understanding and preventing sexual violence