Health Care Reform and the Franchisor: Getting Ready Now for 2014
Firm Event & Webinar
Presented by: Gray Plant Mooty's Franchise Practice Group
Now is the time for franchisors to start thinking and planning for the new changes that will go into effect in 2014 under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Please join us in person, or by webinar, for a presentation and discussion about how the employer mandates could affect you, your employees, and your franchisees, and what you should be doing now to get ready. Topics will include:
Do I Pay or Do I Play?
- Get an overview of the employer mandate
- How will the ACA affect what you offer (or don’t offer) your employees?
Down for the Count:
- How will you count for full time employees?
- What look-back periods apply?
- Who gets the health care benefit if offered?
Questions from the Field:
- What questions can you answer from your franchisees?
- When franchisees want compliance or program help, how should you respond?
We’ll dive into the details in a practical way with concrete information. Our legal experts will help you understand whether the law applies to you, what your choices are, and what you need to do in 2013 to get ready.
Kindly RSVP by January 28, 2013, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 612.632.3170.
Please indicate if you are attending in person or by webinar. Webinar participants will receive instructions on login prior to the program.
There is no registration fee for this program. Parking will be validated for the Marquette/IDS Ramp.
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Breakfast/Registration
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Presentation
Gray Plant Mooty, 500 IDS Center (5th Floor), Minneapolis, MN 55402