Insurance Recovery 101 for Franchisors: Maximizing Your Coverage (Including COVID-19 Related Losses)
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. PDT; 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MDT; 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CDT; 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT
Hosted via live webcast.
Business insurance policies are complex contracts. The insurance coverage industry is constantly changing, and the laws governing business insurance are difficult to navigate. Most recently, as the financial impact of COVID-19 continues to expand, many franchisors are wondering if their insurance policies will help offset the ongoing losses caused by these unprecedented circumstances.
Additionally, many insurance companies now face financial challenges, which increases the number of disputed insurance claims and leads to more insolvencies and rehabilitation for insurers. Many franchisors are unaware of the vulnerabilities they have as a result.
Lathrop GPM’s Insurance Recovery practice is dedicated to serving policyholders and helping ensure they receive the best possible coverage available and maximize whatever coverage they may already have. During this webinar Insurance Recovery Practice Group Leader Kim Winter, Insurance Recovery Partner Rick Kubler and Franchise Partner Craig Miller will discuss:
- Insurance policy reviews, and how these reviews can benefit franchisors at procurement, negotiation and renewal.
- Business Interruption/Contingent Business Interruption/Civil Authority – Are you covered for COVID-19 related losses?
- Insurance and indemnity provisions in third-party and franchise agreements, and how franchisors can obtain the most from others’ insurance as an additional insured.
- Insurance due diligence in the franchise M&A context.
- Insurance claims – top mistakes for franchisors to avoid at each stage of the claims process to maximize recoveries.