Melissa D. Love
Melissa Love has more than 20 years of law firm and judicial experience. She works with attorneys in Lathrop GPM’s Environmental practice, where, among other responsibilities, she:
- Assists clients on compliance under federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations
- Responds to requests from federal, state and local regulatory agencies
- Provides support to clients on requests for proposal related to environmental compliance
- Plays a key role on national trial teams
- Assists with witness preparation for trial and depositions in arbitrations, mediations, and federal and state court
Melissa’s additional skills include:
- Extensive knowledge of environmental rules and regulations
- Extensive e-discovery knowledge
- Extensive pre-trial discovery knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Extensive knowledge of Missouri State Court Rules
She is also proficient with tools including Relativity, Westlaw Case Notebook, and Westlaw OnePass.
Melissa previously assisted the firm's Bankruptcy team, where she participated in all aspects of Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings, including the initial case filings, preference recovery, claims work, distribution of funds from the bankruptcy estate, and case closings.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa was a Circuit Court Clerk for the Honorable Thomas E. Mountjoy, and served as a litigation paralegal at Baird, Lightner, Millsap & Harpool, P.C., where she participated in several jury trials.