Maya Sanaba is an associate supporting clients primarily within the firm's Business Transactions practice group. Maya joined the firm after working as a summer associate in 2021 and 2022, where she conducted legal research, drafted legal memos, and assisted attorneys on a myriad of litigation matters.
Maya lived in Bangalore, India for eight years of her young life, during middle and high school. Her time spent in India ignited within her a desire to help others and inspired her interest in law. Upon returning to the U.S. with her family and attending Purdue University, Maya earned her J.D. from the University of Iowa College of Law. While in law school, Maya honed her legal research skills by serving as a research assistant to multiple professors.
Maya is passionate about community. While at the University of Iowa College of Law, Maya became a Co-Founding President of the South Asian Law Students Association (SALSA). The school's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee awarded Maya the College of Law DEI Award in 2023 for her efforts to establish SALSA, and for her dedication to fostering an inclusive environment at the law school.
- Author, "USDA vs. AZA: Playing with Tiger Cubs Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be," Journal of Corporation Law, March 30, 2023
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- University of Iowa College of Law, "DEI Award Recipient," 2023
- Lathrop GPM, "Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship," 2022
80 South Eighth Street3100 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2023
- 1L Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Scholar
- Contributing Member, Journal of Corporation Law
- Founding Co-President, South Asian Law Students Association
Purdue University, B.A., Communication, 2020