Kara P. Gray
Kara Gray focuses her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administrations, business succession planning, and charitable giving. She works closely with clients to develop an estate plan that achieves their legacy goals and minimizes taxes through the implementation of various estate planning strategies, including grantor retained annuity trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts.
During law school, Kara served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Gregg E. Johnson and participated in the Uvaldo Herrera Moot Court Competition. She also worked as a Street Law volunteer for the Minnesota Justice Foundation by teaching legal rights and responsibilities to low-income and at-risk youth.
Kara grew up in Colorado. When she is not practicing law, she enjoys yoga sculpt, spending time with her family, and serving as a student mentor.
- “Your First Will and Trust: Key Considerations When Drafting Your First Will and Trust,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 2019 Probate & Trust Law Section ConferenceJune 10, 2019
- January 18, 2019
- “Drafting Basic Wills and Trusts in Minnesota: A Primer,” Minnesota CLE, Washington County Bar AssociationNovember 21, 2018
- “The Nuts and Bolts of a 21st Century Estate Plan,” Minnesota Paralegal Association, 2018 MPA Annual ConventionMay 24, 2018
- January 19, 2018
- Co-presenter, "Estate Planning Strategies for a Pandemic: Leveraging Uncertainty in a Locked-Down World,” Minnesota CLE, Live Webcast Seminar, June 22, 2021
- June 14, 2019
- November 7, 2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association New Lawyers Section, Diversity Committee Co-Chair, 2016-present
- Wills for Heroes, volunteer attorney, 2015-present
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and Mitchell Mentors, student mentor, 2015-present
- “North Star Lawyers,” Minnesota State Bar Association (2015-2016, 2018)
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
University of Denver, Daniels College of Business, B.S./B.A., 2010