Jonathan R. Haden
Partner Jon Haden’s environmental experience includes litigation and administrative proceedings under CERCLA, RCRA, the Clear Air Act, FIFRA, OSHA and their state counterparts. His CERCLA (Superfund) experience includes representation of PRPs in litigation, ADR, agency negotiations and private party negotiations in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Wisconsin and Arizona. Jon has broad experience in dealing with environmental consultants and contractors for remediation projects, and his litigation experience includes defending odor nuisance, toxic tort and other mass tort claims.
Religious, Charitable and Nonprofit Law Experience
Jon’s experience in this area includes the representation of religious and charitable organizations, religious orders and their members, non-profit institutions and their boards, and similar bodies in all types of matters, including extensive experience in defending such organizations from sexual misconduct and related claims.
Education Law Experience
Jon’s education law practice focuses on the representation of schools, school districts and school boards, with an emphasis on private schools, both religious and non-religious. His related litigation experience includes trials and appeals involving employment matters, student discipline, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA, aka the Buckley Amendment), student injuries, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and the like. His practice also includes consultation on a broad range of issues, including licensing and state regulation, admissions, accreditation, fundraising, student privacy acts, student organizations, athletic programs, and finance and taxation.
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee
- The Missouri Bar, Environmental and Energy Law Committee
- National Diocesan Attorneys Association
- Teresa’s Academy, Board of Directors, 2019 – present
- Serra Club of Kansas City, Missouri, 2008 – present; Board of Trustees, 2018 – present
- Rockhurst High School, Board of Trustees, 2009-2019; Chair, 2016-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1981
- Order of the Bench and Robe
- Note Editor, UMKC Law Review, 1980-1981
University of Missouri-Columbia, B.J., magna cum laude, 1978