Jane Trueper's practice focuses on business transactions involving alternative entities, including limited liability companies, partnerships (limited and general) and statutory trusts. Jane provides guidance to clients in all aspects of the operation of alternative entities, including advising on their formation, governance, reorganization, contract interpretation, fiduciary duties and dissolution.
Prior to joining Lathrop GPM, Jane was an associate in the Delaware office of a Silicon Valley-based law firm where she advised a variety of clients, including founders, investors and public and private companies, on matters of Delaware law relating to fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, equity issuances and financings, and formation, winding up and liquidation of limited liability companies and partnerships. Additionally, Jane has experience representing banks, trust companies and other financial institutions in transactional, trust and regulatory matters.
While in law school, Jane provided pro bono legal services to Philadelphia-area businesses through the University of Pennsylvania Law School Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic. Jane also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ann Marie Donio, a United States Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey.
- Author, "10B5-1 Plans: Further Obscuring the Smoking Gun and Proposals for Change," University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law, Vol. 16, Iss. 3, Spring 2014
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member, Commercial Law Section
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, "Ones to Watch," 2020-2021
- Delaware Today, "Top Lawyer" in Banking Law, 2019 and 2022
- Recipient of the Delaware State Bar Association Young Lawyers Distinguished Service Award, 2022
- Recipient of the Delaware State Bar Association Christopher W. White Distinguished Access to Justice Achievement Award, 2019
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- Not admitted in Missouri
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2014
- Journal of Business Law, Executive Editor
University of Missouri-Columbia, M.B.A., 2008; B.A., 2005