Daryn McBeth specializes in government relations, state and federal politics, campaign finance, industry relations, and legislative and regulatory services. With years of experience navigating the legislative process, Daryn excels at advocating before state and federal legislative bodies and regulatory agencies.
For nearly ten years, Daryn led the Minnesota Agri-Growth Council, where he developed and directed the association’s government and public affairs initiatives on behalf of more than 200 members ranging from Fortune 500 companies to producer groups and diverse business interests. Before coming to the firm he served as a director of state affairs and industry relations at a $14 billion, Fortune 200 farmer-owned cooperative, where he led the company’s state government relations strategies in Minnesota and nationally, as well as its federal PAC.
Daryn worked in Washington, D.C., at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s general counsel’s office, where he worked with the U.S. Treasury Department and IRS on income tax issues and drafted final rules implementing conservation programs from the 1996 Farm Bill. He also worked at a Washington, D.C. lobbying firm, where he represented national agricultural and commodity organizations and oversaw successful federal lobbying efforts, resulting in multi-million dollar research programs, the establishment of new federal farm programs, and other regulatory changes. Daryn also served as legislative counsel in Washington, D.C., where he worked for a U.S. congressman on issues involving natural resources, water, environmental regulations, risk management, and commodity trading, and on all matters in front of the U.S. House Agriculture Committee.
- Secured legislative funding ($8 million) and established a de novo state incentive program for dairy farmers to enroll in federal risk management program
- Led coalition effort among independent grain dealers to successfully change federal law pertaining to Qualified Business Income under Section 199A of the Tax Code
- Assisted large regional hospital system to create and participate in new $98 million medical economic development district in partnership with City of Duluth, State Legislature, and Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Helped craft-distilling industry navigate through detrimental proposed federal rulemaking under the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- Worked on behalf of a national auto body company to defeat proposed legislation hindering the client’s ability to enter into private contracts with insurance companies
- Advanced legislation for a biotech client, establishing a renewable standard for engine lubricants and motor oil
- Worked on behalf of a financial services company to defeat proposed legislation restricting electronic wire transfers
- Successfully passed legislation establishing a new statute permitting right-of-way use along certain local, county, and state roadsides
- Successfully advanced legislative provision establishing increased road weight limits for milk hauling
- Secured increased funding for large regional food bank and expanded statutory authority for food shelf program procuring fresh food
- Minnesota Government Relations Council, past President 2017–2018
- Ralph K. Morris Foundation, Director
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Wayzata Basketball Association, board director
- Pheasants Forever, Plymouth chapter, lifetime member
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
Drake University Law School, J.D., 1996, Agriculture, Environment
Cornell College, B.A., 1993, Political Science, Environmental Studies