Caitlin Albaugh is an associate supporting clients primarily within the firm's Insurance & Environmental Tort practice group. Caitlin joined the firm after working as a summer associate in 2022, where she conducted legal research, drafted legal memos, and assisted attorneys on a myriad of litigation matters.
Caitlin earned her J.D. from the University of Kansas, where she graduated in the top 10% of her class. While in law school, Caitlin honed her legal research and writing skills through her role as a Comment Editor on the Kansas Law Review. As a second-year law student, Caitlin's Comment was selected for publication in volume 71 of the Kansas Law Review. She developed her advocacy skills while participating in the Jerome Prince Memorial Evidence Moot Court Competition. Caitlin also served as the University of Kansas's LexisNexis Representative, assisting law students with legal research.
Caitlin is passionate about communication and community outreach. While in undergrad, Caitlin was the recipient of the Helen Rhoda Hoopes Award for excellence in rhetoric and written communication for two consecutive years. She also worked for Douglas County's Citizen Review Board and for a nonprofit, wherein she assisted hundreds of students in registering to vote.
In her free time, Caitlin enjoys playing golf and has a goal to play a round in every state in the U.S.
- Comment Author, "Discrimination in Formation: Applying § 1981 to Instances of Preformation Discrimination in the Contractual Process," University of Kansas Law Review, Vol. 71, 2022
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2023
- Order of the Coif
- Comment Editor, Kansas Law Review
- Member, Moot Court Team
- CALI Excellence Award - Civil Rights Actions; Employment Discrimination
University of Kansas, B.A., English, 2021
- with Highest Distinction
- 2019 & 2020 Recipient, Helen Rhoda Hoopes Award for Excellence in Rhetoric and Written Communications
- Member, Mock Trial Team