Brian J. Carr
Brian Carr is a legislative tactician that primarily advocates for clients in front of legislative bodies and government entities in Minnesota. Brian also draws upon his experience working in Congress to assist clients facing federal level government affairs issues in Washington, D.C. As a lawyer-lobbyist, Brian advises companies, trade associations, foundations, and other nonprofit organizations that operate in highly regulated industries including energy, technology, consumer products, agriculture, healthcare, retail, and transportation.
Prior to joining the government relations practice at Lathrop GPM, Brian served in leadership roles at both state and national trade associations where he developed and led the government affairs strategies to advocate on behalf of diverse memberships inclusive of numerous Fortune 100 companies.
Brian also previously worked in Washington, D.C. as legislative staff in the United States Senate. Serving members of the Senate Commerce Committee, Brian advised Senators regarding U.S. business competitiveness, export promotion, and tourism issues. Additionally, Brian has experience in grassroots and grasstops campaign work having been directly involved on election campaigns at federal and local levels.
- Successfully passed legislation on behalf of a national technology provider to increase state engagement with innovative information technology services.
- Secured a favorable outcome for a national company to defeat proposed legislation that would have established mandates on pricing for service offerings.
- Established a successful outcome for a national company on legislation that would have hindered the client’s ability to determine labor selections that best fit their operations.
- Worked for a national association to defeat legislation regarding consumer product bans.
- Helped to establish a new state level alliance in the consumer products industry to advocate on increases to thresholds set on market access opportunities.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- January 28, 2019
- Minnesota Government Relations Council, Member
- Tonka United Soccer Association, Head Coach
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D.
University of Oregon, B.A.