Lathrop GPM Welcomes 16 Law Students for its Inaugural Summer Associate Program
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 2021) — In May, Lathrop GPM welcomed 16 Summer Associates to its inaugural 10-week summer program. The law students were based in Kansas City, Minneapolis, St. Cloud and St. Louis. Through the Summer Associate Program, Lathrop GPM provides meaningful work and observation opportunities to 1L and 2L students to help them gain a realistic perspective on the practice of law and to help prepare them for successful legal careers.
The 2021 participants represented 10 schools across four offices:
- Alexandria Darden, 2L, University of Missouri School of Law – Kansas City
- Adunni Gueye, 1L, University of Missouri School of Law – Columbia
- Jay Harrington, 1L, Washington University School of Law
- Sinead McGonagle, 2L, Saint Louis University School of Law
- Alex Reed, 2L, University of Kansas School of Law
- Maddie Sanders, 2L, University of Alabama School of Law
- Andrew Biddison, 1L, University of Minnesota Law School
- Shlomo Hahn, 2L, University of Minnesota Law School
- Lu Li, 2L, University of Minnesota Law School
- Sam Lockwood-Powell, 1L, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Brandon Mickelsen, 2L, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Maya Sanaba, 1L, University of Iowa College of Law
- Robin Swingley, 2L, University of Minnesota Law School
- Libbi Wilson, 1L, University of Minnesota Law School
- Lexi Smith, 1L, Howard University School of Law
- Rosalie Swingle, 2L, Washington University School of Law
During their time at the firm, they participated in case research, authored articles on legal developments, participated in pro bono work, and attended virtual and in-person observation, networking and community events. The Summer Associates worked on over 170 projects submitted by attorneys in a variety of practice groups across the nation. They also took part in the firm’s inclusion networks, such as the Women’s Initiative Network and Diverse Professionals Network.
To learn more about Lathrop GPM’s Summer Associate Program, go to https://www.lathropgpm.com/careers-students.html.