Licensing, Technology Transfer & Commercialization
The Lathrop GPM Licensing, Technology Transfer & Commercialization team advises a wide range of clients on developing, protecting, and commercializing their valuable technology and intellectual property. Our team prepares and negotiates licenses of inventions, trademarks, patents, copyrights, computer software, and a host of proprietary technologies, as well as the works and services of celebrities and media personalities. Lathrop GPM has experience in:
- Preparing and negotiating highly specialized license agreements, in the U.S. and worldwide
- Developing systems and procedures for retaining valuable ownership rights to wide varieties of intellectual property
- Developing internal compliance programs
- Conducting audits, investigations and training programs with respect to the use and preservation of data rights
- Handling alleged export violations
Lathrop GPM also provides corporate licensing services in connection with complex transactions such as entity formation, financing, sales contracts, mergers, bankruptcies and workouts, corporate acquisitions, and the like.
We counsel clients on a wide range of emerging technologies. We have worked with a number of universities, web designers, hardware manufacturers, and software developers, and we have assisted clients in patenting inventions relating to internet and e-commerce, social media, domain names, computer technologies, and new business methods. The group also negotiates and drafts license agreements, transfer agreements, development agreements, and corporate alliance agreements for businesses wishing to utilize existing and emerging technologies.
- Provide IP counsel to Dartmouth College, including assistance in the college’s licensing program.
- As primary outside IP counsel for Big Bend Agri-Service Inc., provide licensing guidance on the company’s agricultural chemical assets.
- Advise a leading marketing software company on its licensing arrangements.
- Counsel a manufacturer of probiotic dietary additives with regard to licensing and related corporate issues.
- Represent an internationally known artist and illustrator regarding the licensing of artwork for a variety of products.
In the News
- April 17, 2019
- August 10, 2018
- June 1, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- January 21, 2015
- May 1, 2014
- February 25, 2014
- July 15, 2013
- October 29, 2012
- September 11, 2012
- September 19, 2011
- October 9, 2019
- Lathrop Gage Continues Los Angeles Growth with Addition of IP Team of Andrew Choung and Erica Van LoonSeptember 12, 2018
- November 4, 2013
- January 14, 2014
- January 14, 2014
- Litigation Update - Rules of Civil Procedure Continue to Adapt to the Realities of Electronic DiscoveryDecember 30, 2013
- "Weigh Pros And Cons Of Employee Surveillance In Wired Workplace," HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment LawDecember 1, 2013
- Litigation Update - Judge Sanctions Samsung for “Auto-Delete” of Relevant Emails When Litigation Was “Reasonably Foreseeable”September 25, 2012
- September 26, 2011
- May 1, 2011
- November 1, 2010