Lisa Hillman, Ph.D.
With over two decades of experience in intellectual property law, Dr. Hillman's practice encompasses domestic and foreign patent procurement. She provides strategic patent counseling, including patent portfolio management, patent validity opinions, infringement opinions, freedom-to-operate opinions, and due diligence reviews.
Dr. Hillman has broad technical experience in the areas of molecular biology, microbiology, fermentation technologies, human gene therapy, human and veterinary diagnostics, personal diagnostics, proteomics, siRNA technologies, antibody technologies, CRISPR technologies, CAR T-cell technologies, liposomes, biosensors, bioinformatics, personalized medicine, tissue scaffolds, agriculture, orthobiologics, medical devices, immunotherapy, pharmaceuticals, and food processing technologies. She represents small and large biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and diagnostic companies, as well as university clients and startups.
- Panelist, "CRISPR, CAR T and mRNA: Scrutinizing Recent Life Sciences IP Controversies to Develop a New Way Forward," American Conference Institute's 21st Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents, May 19, 2023
In the News
- March 30, 2023
- March 29, 2023
- March 28, 2023
- March 27, 2023
- Women in Bio - Boston Chapter, 2019-Present
- Vice Chair
Boston28 State StreetSuite 700Boston, MA 02109
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1998
University of Florida, Ph.D., Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, Emphasis in Molecular Biology and Food Microbiology, 1995
- USDA Predoctoral Fellowship
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, B.S., Microbiology & Public Health, Cellular Biology, 1989