Jackson R. Hobbs
Jackson Hobbs focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters, including white-collar investigations and defenses, secured transactions, employment litigation, and contract disputes.
Jackson served as the Editor-in-Chief of the UMKC Law Review, as a legal intern for the Honorable Stephen R. Bough of the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, and as a legal extern for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri.
Jackson also competed for UMKC’s National Mock Trial Team at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Tournament of Champions; the American College of Trial Lawyers, National Trial Competition Finals; and the nation’s foremost jury selection tournament, The Show-Me Challenge, becoming the first ever law student to win Best Overall Advocate by a unanimous decision. He also represented UMKC’s National Moot Court Team after winning Best Overall Advocate for the school’s Ellison Moot Court Competition.
After law school, Jackson practiced at an international AmLaw 100 firm in a variety of high-stakes commercial disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Jackson worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Greg Kays, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, where he researched and drafted memoranda and orders for judicial review, as well as managed all aspects of civil and criminal litigation including dispositive motions, discovery disputes and trial.
Before attending law school, Jackson worked as a “Hotdogger” for the Kraft-Heinz Company, driving the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile coast-to-coast in the marketing and public relations firm on wheels.
- Co-Author, More Money More Problems? The Sequel: Should My Company Return The Money It Received from the CARES Act?, Lathrop GPM Client Alert, May 4, 2020
- Co-Author, More Money More Problems? CARES Act Stimulus Comes with Potential for Broad Oversight Investigations, Audits, and Enforcement, Lathrop GPM Client Alert, April 14, 2020
- “’So Delicate a Subject’: Maintaining an Independent and Self-Regulated Judiciary in the Face of Judicial Aging and Disability,” 85 UMKC Law Review 805, 2017
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Law, Dean Search Committee, 2017-2018
- Missouri Boys State, Attorney General, 2009
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout, 2008
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2018
- Charles E. Whittaker Award for Academic Excellence
- Order of the Barristers
- CALI Awards: Civil Procedure I, Lawyering Skills II, Anti-Trust & Competition, Trial Advocacy II
University of Missouri, Columbia, B.A., summa cum laude, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Mortar Board
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Judge Greg Kays, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri