Gizie D. Hirsh
Gizie Hirsh practices in all areas of business-related immigration law. She assists such national and local employers as architectural firms, educational institutions, manufacturers, entertainment firms, financial service firms and health care providers with immigrant and non-immigrant matters. She focuses her practice on representing employers before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor, and the Department of State on a wide variety of immigration matters. Gizie’s experience includes the following:
- securing approvals for employers who wish to hire foreign nationals in various nonimmigrant categories, including H-1B (Specialty Workers), L-1 (Intra-company Transferees), TN (NAFTA Treaty Workers), O-1 (Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement), and R-1 (Religious Workers).
- obtaining J-1 waivers for foreign physicians.
- obtaining labor certifications from the Department of Labor for employers pursuing permanent resident status for their foreign national workers.
- obtaining immigrant petition approvals in the EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-4 categories.
- assisting foreign nationals to obtain permanent resident status.
- advising clients on I-9 compliance and E-Verify issues.
Gizie’s experience during and prior to law school included three years as a law-clerk and paralegal at a boutique immigration firm in Atlanta, where she handled various business- and family-based immigration matters.
- May 4, 2022
- April 12, 2022
- Session 1 - Wednesday, June 9; Session 2 - Wednesday, June 16; Session 3 - Wednesday, June 23
- Presenter, Immigration Update: I-9 Compliance and Foreign National Issues, Lathrop GPM 2022 Employment & Labor Law Seminar, April 12, 2022 (Kansas City); May 4, 2022 (Minneapolis)
- Presenter, Immigration Q&A Walk-In Room, Lathrop GPM 2022 Employment & Labor Law Seminar, April 12, 2022 (Kansas City); May 4, 2022 (Minneapolis)
- Presenter, Immigration Compliance, Associated Industries of Missouri (AIM), August 25, 2010
- Cutting Immigration Programs is No Solution, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, June 26, 2009
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- May 1, 2020
- Immigration Alert: DHS Suspends In-Person Inspection Requirement for Form I-9 and Extends Response Time for Notices of InspectionMarch 27, 2020
- February 14, 2020
- February 24, 2011
In the News
- July 14, 2021
- June 26, 2009
- March 18, 2020
- January 2, 2020
- September 16, 2008
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2019
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
Kansas City2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2006
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997