Amy Brozenic is a partner in the intellectual property department and serves as leader of the Trademark/Copyright Transactional group. She began her legal career practicing at the United States Patent & Trademark Office as a trademark examining attorney. While at the USPTO, Amy examined thousands of trademark applications to ensure compliance with the Lanham Act and USPTO procedural requirements. In addition, she researched and drafted office actions and appeal briefs.
She currently counsels clients on all areas of trademark portfolio management, including domestic and international trademark registration strategies, policing and enforcement procedures, and licensing of trademarks and copyrights. Her experience also includes representing clients in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Amy has extensive experience in trademark clearance and product clearance. She also conducts trademark and copyright due diligence, in addition to handling domain name disputes.
Amy is the Partner in Charge of the firm's Overland Park office.
- Represented a prescription price and benefits transparency company that offers affordability and adherence solutions to health plans and employers; Representation began from its startup days to being recently acquired by a global leader in health care supplies, retail pharmacy, and pharmaceutical distribution for nearly $1B.
- Represented one of the country's largest medical and dental benefit providers that exclusively serves federal employees for over 10 years.
- Represented a nonprofit membership association serving the needs of state acute care hospitals, federal and state hospitals and rehabilitation and psychiatric care facilities for over 10 years.
- More than 5 years as US trademark counsel for a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the nutritional and pharmaceutical industries, including research and development in these areas.
- June 3, 2020
Speaker, Protecting Your Intellectual Property, Enterprise Center in Johnson County, Kansas, August 2015
Panelist and Moderator, Non-Traditional Trademarks: Prosecution and Enforcement Strategies, International Trademark Association, July 2015
- Panelist and Moderator, Did Rosetta Stone v. Google change the trademark infringement landscape for Keyword Advertising?, International Trademark Association, May 2012
- Speaker, 2012 Kansas Bar Association's Corporate Counsel CLE, March 2012
- Speaker, 2009 Copyright and Trademark Roundup, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, March 2010
- Panelist and Moderator, Policing Trademarks on the Internet and Web 2.0, International Trademark Association, Jan. 2010
- Speaker, Protecting Your Trademarks and Enforcing Your Intellectual Property, Mid States College Stores Association Conference, October 2009
- Speaker, How the USPTO Works, Lunch & Learn Series, May 2008
In the News
- April 15, 2015
- February 23, 2015
- May 16, 2023
- February 14, 2023
- March 16, 2022
- February 18, 2021
- August 3, 2018
- April 24, 2018
- Lathrop Gage Attorney Amy Brozenic Appointed to International Trademark Association's Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice CommitteeJanuary 8, 2018
- August 6, 2015
- June 25, 2015
- January 16, 2015
- March 17, 2008
- International Trademark Association (INTA); Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice Committee
- Kansas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Executive Committee, 2009-2012
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Centurions Leadership Program, Class of 2017
- Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Northeast, Class of 2014
- Kansas City Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Henry W. Bloch School of Management, Regnier Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Mentor, 2012-2015
- World Trademark Review, “Leading Trademark Lawyer,” 2021-2023
- Kansas City Business Journal, NextGen Leaders, 2018
- Ingram's Magazine, "40 Under Forty," 2018
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Lawyers of 2015 - Law Firm Leader Award
- Selected as one of the Kansas Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Seminars’ “2012 Outstanding Speakers”
- The UMKC Law Review, Lead Literary Editor 2004-2005; Staff Member 2003-2004
- Willard L. Pollard UMKC Law Review, 2005
- Federal Estate Planning Symposium Prize, 2005
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
Kansas City2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Overland Park7300 West 110th StreetSuite 150Overland Park, KS 66210
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
University of Kansas, B.A., 2002