Lathrop GPM’s affirmative action team can help your organization prepare to work with local, state and federal government in affirmative action compliance obligations as well as help you maintain existing relationships with those organizations, including preparation for, and in, an audit or review by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) or similar state or local agency. We can also assist your organization in the drafting and implementation of draft lawful voluntary plans and measures.
We are experienced in assisting contractors with all aspects of their obligations as an affirmative action employer, including:
- Affirmative Action Plans — We prepare solid, defensible plans on a competitive flat-fee basis. Unlike at many consulting firms, experienced lawyers review all plans.
- Ongoing Responsibilities — We help clients comply with ongoing requirements such as applicant tracking (including the Internet Applicant Rule), hiring, promotion, transfer, and termination policies. We develop creative solutions that allow employers to recruit in the manner that works best for them.
- OFCCP Investigations — We guide businesses through all aspects of OFCCP inquiries from desk audit submissions and information requests, to on-site audits. Organizations facing noncompliance issues will benefit from our lawyers’ knowledge of OFCCP’s compliance manual, national Office policy, affirmative action regulations, and current enforcement trends.
- Consulting and Training — We consult with employers and provide training on issues related to affirmative action.
- “Focus on Transgender Discrimination as EEOC Brings First Cases,” Business Management Daily12/16/2014