Ben Peltier is an experienced health care attorney who focuses his practice on a wide range of transactional matters including contracting, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory guidance, governance, and compliance . He helps all types of health care providers, corporations, trade associations, and other entities working in the health care field thrive in a heavily regulated environment.
Prior to joining the firm, Ben served as vice president and general counsel at the Minnesota Hospital Association for 10 years. He oversaw the organization's legal affairs and compliance activities and provided legal guidance to the board of directors, association members, and staff. He also managed litigation and key negotiations on behalf of the association and routinely advocated on behalf of hospitals and health systems with state and federal policymakers.
Prior to joining MHA, Ben worked in the law department of a large Minnesota health system and represented hospitals and physicians in private practice at a Washington, DC law firm.
- September 22, 2022
- Presenter, "Health Equity as Condition of Payment," Lathrop GPM Health Law Seminar, September 22, 2022
- Presenter, "The No Surprises Act in the Real World,” Minnesota CLE 2022 Health Law Institute, June 16, 2022
- Co-Presenter, "Price Transparency: Compliance and Risk Reduction," HCCA Regional Healthcare Compliance Conference, September 10, 2021
- Presenter, “The Board Member’s Governance Role,” 2021 Winter Trustee Conference, Minnesota Hospital Association, January 14, 2021
- Presenter, “What Popovich Means for the Future of Medical Malpractice Liability in MN,” Webinar, Minnesota State Bar Association, October 23, 2020
- Presenter, “Federal Policy and Election Update,” Health Care Leadership Institute, Minnesota Hospital Association, March 3, 2020
- Co-Author, "Private Equity in Health Care: A Growing Trend," Minnesota Physician, July 2021
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
Minneapolis80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2004
University of St. Thomas, Economics, B.A., 1994