Patrick B. McRorie
Patrick McRorie is a dynamic leader who is shaping the energy sector in Denver and beyond. Licensed to practice law in nine states, his reputation in the energy field is well known, and he’s routinely called upon by the leading E&P companies that drive the energy economy.
Patrick represents oil and gas operators throughout Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado in lease acquisition and related exploration and production issues. His experience includes the review of joint operating agreements, participation agreements, oil and gas leases, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sale agreements, statutes, and case law as it relates to client interests.
He is often trusted to oversee billion-dollar acquisitions, and recently advised on corporate due diligence and acquisition title opinions on a multi-billion dollar transaction in the Delaware Basin. He also led a team assisting a client in an extremely time sensitive $1.6 billion acquisition of leasehold in the Bakken Shale. Patrick has advised clients on the implications of working interest partners, net revenue interest owners and royalty interest owners with respect to payment of proceeds from the production of oil and gas. His experience has included work on fee, state, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Indian Affairs lands.
Patrick was elected to the firm’s Executive Committee in 2017, serves as leader of the firm's Energy team, and is also Partner in Charge of the Denver office.
In the News
- July 20, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- July 23, 2018
- January 2, 2013
- March 2, 2012
- August 10, 2011
- May 23, 2008
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Lawyers, President, 2010
- North Dakota Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation, Impact Denver, Class of Spring 2017
- ColoradoBiz Magazine "Top 25 Most Influential Young Professionals," 2021
- Denver Business Journal "Who's Who in Energy" 2017 - 2019
- Selected for Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2012
1515 Wynkoop StreetSuite 600Denver, CO 80202
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- U.S District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
California Western School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2004