Lori L. Wiese-Parks
Lori Wiese-Parks' practice focuses on the business and transactional aspects of intellectual property use and protection in all facets of business from organization to bankruptcy, acquisition, merger and termination; and everything in between including independent and collaboration arrangements for the design, development, creation, production, advertising, distribution, and other use or licensing of technology, products, and services.
Within the intellectual property arena, Lori focuses on the identification, protection, and management of intellectual property assets on a global basis, including all aspects of trademark usage, clearance, prosecution, protection, enforcement, portfolio management and branding strategy, development and licensing arrangements, and strategic alliances, as well as the protection and enforcement of copyrighted assets, including the preparation and review of work-for hire, authorship, licensing, publishing and development agreements for software, artistic and other creative works. Representing an extensive variety of businesses offering consumer-oriented products and services, Lori advises on all aspects of advertising, including agency agreements, copy compliance, contests and sweepstakes, celebrity and spokesperson agreements, testimonials, rights of privacy and publicity, music licensing, media buys, and product labeling and claims. Lori’s broad background and experience makes her uniquely suited to provide general counsel services to several businesses, addressing for them the many issues that arise in their day-to-day operations.
Lori represents clients of all types and sizes including a number of nonprofit organizations in such diverse industries as software development and distribution, medical services and devices, healthcare, agribusiness, food and beverage, publishing, insurance, clothing/textiles, crafts and gifts, hospitality, entertainment, gaming, education, communication, transportation, education, research, and museum services.
Lori is a frequent lecturer with student and business groups on intellectual property and business issues, and regularly offers in-house training programs to clients on a variety of subjects.
- “Leading Trademark Lawyer,” World Trademark Review, 2018-2020
- The (Real) Power 50, Minnesota Business
- “Super Lawyer,” Minnesota Law & Politics, 2001-2007
- Minnesota’s Top 40 Intellectual Property Super Lawyers, 2003-2004
- March 22, 2016
- “Trademark Infringement in Social Media: Notice & Take-Down Procedures and Other Tools for Removing Infringing User-Generated Content,” Advanced Trademark Law Annual Review 2014, Practising Law InstituteApril 30, 2014
- November 17, 2011
- November 17, 2011
- November 1, 2010
- “Doing Business in Israel,” Minnesota Trade Office, American-Israel Chamber of Commerce of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MinnesotaSeptember 24, 2008
- September 18, 2008
- “Copyright & Trademark Information,” Marketing Conference, Minnesota Telecom Alliance, Detroit Lakes, MinnesotaSeptember 11, 2008
- September 19, 2007
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- David B. Jones Foundation, President and Board Member
- University of St. Thomas - American Museum of Asmat Art, Advisory Board Member
- February 17, 2020
- February 6, 2019
- February 7, 2018
- July 24, 2015
- February 19, 2014
- “Trademark Infringement and Misuse in Social Media,” Computer & Internet Lawyer9/26/2014
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1981
Morningside College, magna cum laude, 1978, undergraduate degree