Amanda L. Yoder
Amanda Yoder focuses her practice on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate counseling, as well as formation and structuring of business entities and relationships, with a particular emphasis on the financial services industry. As a transactional lawyer, Amanda’s experience in corporate law is expansive, as is her knowledge of the business environments in which her clients operate. With a background in accounting, Amanda draws upon her experience as a tax associate at an international consulting firm to provide innovative solutions and a common-sense approach to complex legal issues.
Amanda regularly handles complex financing transactions, including revolving credit facilities, and provides sound advice on often complicated and unique structures. She delivers pointed insight and integrated work product on complex financing transactions and advises on related acquisition financing issues. Amanda provides unparalleled service for lenders and borrowers, including secured and unsecured lending and refinancings, regulatory and compliance issues, environmental issues, loan workouts and restructures. Through her extensive work with financial institutions, Amanda has developed a unique perspective to representing borrowers in financial transactions, this, combined with her understanding of the underlying relationships in each transaction, allows Amanda to deliver distinct value to clients.
Amanda represents buyers and sellers in connection with structuring, negotiating and completing mergers and acquisitions. She has assisted with due diligence investigations, the purchase and sale of both stock and assets in regulated and unregulated industries, closings and post-closing obligations and rights. She regularly provides guidance on transaction structuring, including the regulatory and tax implications of alternative structures and dealing with securities, tax and other regulatory authorities.
Amanda also enjoys serving as outside general corporate counsel for a variety of clients. In this capacity, Amanda works closely with boards, investors and senior management teams to address a myriad of matters that arise in their day-to-day business operations, including regularly reviewing contracts and addressing corporate hygiene issues. Amanda’s background in accounting is of great value in understanding her clients’ businesses and helping them to establish and accomplish their business goals. She also serves as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients, including identifying the right resources in other areas of the firm to most effectively meet each client’s needs.
- Represented a multinational financial institution in connection with revolving and term credit facilities of $60 million secured by 54 gas stations and convenience stores as part of a corporate restructuring. Continue to assist with modifications.
- Represented international financial institution in connection with credit facilities of approximately $150 million by U.S. assets.
- Represented a multinational financial institution as administrative agent and lender in connection with a multibank credit facility secured by certain investment and related assets.
- Represented multiple financial institutions with financial covenant based unsecured facilities, A/R and inventory borrowing base secured facilities, construction loans and equipment loans.
- Represented multiple financial institutions with credit facilities involving ESOP components (with relation to creation of ESOP and related financing).
- Represented multiple financial institutions with relation to construction loans for a wide range of projects, including hotels, senior living facilities and other commercial retail space.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented client in the sale of its wholesale insurance business.
- Represented clients in company acquisition and growth strategies, including veterinary clinics and accounting firms.
- Represented buyers in various other transactions, including the purchase of a retail jewelry business, heavy equipment dealership, dog agility business and grain loading facility.
- Represented sellers in various other transactions, including a logistical services business, medical equipment rental business and quality agricultural supply.
General Corporate Counseling
- Represents startup company assisting in formation and organizational structure, licensing and other regulatory and other corporate issues.
- Worked closely with client senior management teams, focusing on board and investor relationship issues and strategic relationship issues with vendors and customers.
- Worked to accomplish client business goals in as efficient and effective a manner as possible.
- Assisted clients with corporate governance issues, contracting and fundamental business transactions.
- Co-Presenter, COVID-19 Work-From-Home Policies and Workplace Cybersecurity, Lenexa Chamber of Commerce, April 16, 2020
- Author, Foreclosure Sale Price v. Fair Market Value, Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, January 2014
- Author, High Priced Mortgage Loans - Don’t Forget the Appraisal, Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, July 2013
- Author, Credit Agreements Defined – a Cautionary Tale in Loan Approval, Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, November 2012
- Co-author, Well-Settled Foreclosure Rule Upheld - For Now: First Bank v. Fischer & Frichtel, Inc. (Missouri Supreme Court 2012), Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, July 2012
- November 16, 2021
- November 16, 2020
- January 1, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- November 9, 2017
- April 2, 2013
- September 1, 2011
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City, Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors, 2013
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Centurions Class of 2021; genKC, Civic Involvement Committee
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, "Centurions Leadership Program," Fall Class of 2021
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2017 - 2018
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Board of Advocates
- Missouri Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- Order of the Barristers
University of Missouri, M.B.A., 2007
University of Missouri, B.S.B.A., 2006