Increasing Diversity in Franchising
Increasing Diversity in Franchising Speaker Series
Lathrop GPM has launched Increasing Diversity in Franchising, a virtual educational speaker series designed to increase ownership in franchising by underrepresented racial and ethnic groups – as both franchisees and franchisors.
Our franchise and distribution professionals are passionate about the industry and believe encouraging and educating potential franchisees and franchisors from diverse communities will help them to capitalize on business opportunities they may not otherwise explore. In addition, we encourage media, industry, business and diverse associations, as well as law students with an interest in franchise law, to attend these programs.
- October 28, 2021 - Diversity in Franchising - Where Are We & How Can We Improve?
- February 8, 2022 - Increasing Diversity in Franchise Systems
- June 15, 2022 - Franchising: What it Means for Business Owners and for Brand Owners.
- September 14, 2022 - From a Dream to an Agreement: Business and Legal Considerations for Franchisees
- November 30, 2022 - Navigating the Access to Capital Challenges
Increasing Diversity in Franchising Resources
Franchisors, counsel, and business professionals who want to increase diversity in their franchise systems may wish to follow-up with one or more of the following organizations and programs:
- Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance, “Pathways to Black Franchise Ownership” program
- IFA and the HBCU Challenge
- Black Franchise Leadership Council Panel Discussion and LinkedIn page
- IFA Diversity Institute
About Lathrop GPM
With one of the world’s leading franchise and distribution law practices, Lathrop GPM’s Franchise & Distribution Practice Group serves franchisors and master franchisees at all stages of development in markets across the world. The energetic and diverse group of more than 30 lawyers, paralegals, and other franchise professionals works in teams, creating a collaborative environment that brings clients a wide range of experience in virtually every facet of international and domestic franchising. Serving franchise clients is a priority for Lathrop GPM; many of the firm’s attorneys who practice in other areas of business law also are experienced in advising and representing franchisors.
At Lathrop GPM, we are committed to diversity. Our firm is made up of individuals with entrepreneurial spirits and a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. We are dedicated to being a law firm whose workforce reflects the diversity of the clients we serve and the communities in which we live and practice. We actively encourage and foster a culture that is respectful of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or gender identification. We value the critical and collaborative thinking that is borne from a diverse workforce. At Lathrop GPM, we believe that these varied perspectives strengthen our ability to zealously represent our clients.
- November 30, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- June 15, 2022
- February 8, 2022
- October 28, 2021
In the News
- Franchise Times Quotes Carlos White On City of Dallas Launching Initiative to Increase Diversity in Franchise CommunitySeptember 23, 2022
- September 23, 2022
- September 22, 2021