Increasing Diversity in Franchising
Increasing Diversity in Franchising Speaker Series
Lathrop GPM has launched Increasing Diversity in Franchising, a virtual educational speaker series designed to increase ownership in franchising by underrepresented racial and ethnic groups – as both franchisees and franchisors.
Our franchise and distribution professionals are passionate about the industry and believe encouraging and educating potential franchisees and franchisors from diverse communities will help them to capitalize on business opportunities they may not otherwise explore. In addition, we encourage media, industry, business and diverse associations, as well as law students with an interest in franchise law, to attend these programs.
The initial programs will include:
- Marcia Chatelain, Professor, History and African American Studies, Georgetown. Dr. Chatelain is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America. She will discuss “Diversity in Franchising – Where Are We & How Can We Improve?” (October 28, 2021) Register here. For more information on the event, click here.
- What is Franchising? What does it mean for business ownership?
- For Franchisors: How to Increase Diversity Among Franchise Owners
- Nitty Gritty Franchise Investment Advice: Top Ten Legal Tips
- Franchise Investment: Access to Funding
With one of the world’s leading franchise and distribution law practices, Lathrop GPM’s Franchise Practice Group serves franchisors and master franchisees at all stages of development in markets across the world. The energetic and diverse group of more than 30 lawyers, paralegals, and other franchise professionals works in teams, creating a collaborative environment that brings clients a wide range of experience in virtually every facet of international and domestic franchising. Serving franchise clients is a priority for Lathrop GPM; many of the firm’s attorneys who practice in other areas of business law also are experienced in advising and representing franchisors.
At Lathrop GPM, we are committed to diversity. Our firm is made up of individuals with entrepreneurial spirits and a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. We are dedicated to being a law firm whose workforce reflects the diversity of the clients we serve and the communities in which we live and practice. We actively encourage and foster a culture that is respectful of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or gender identification. We value the critical and collaborative thinking that is borne from a diverse workforce. At Lathrop GPM, we believe that these varied perspectives strengthen our ability to zealously represent our clients.
- September 22, 2021