Besides representing franchisors that are involved in product distribution, Lathrop GPM regularly represents other manufacturers and suppliers of products with the myriad legal issues involved in the distribution of goods. We understand that your success as a manufacturer or wholesaler depends, in part, on our ability to limit your product liability and other vicarious liability exposure, to efficiently manage your distribution network, to police and control distribution, sales, advertising and warranty services, and to minimize or avoid litigation. We are also aggressive advocates whenever disputes arise in the supplier-distributor relationship.
We represent manufacturers and wholesalers ranging in size from international Fortune 500 companies to regional, mid-sized manufacturers, and believe in drafting strong agreements that protect our clients from known and unknown risks.
We also understand that, in some industries, confusing text and lengthy contracts can be a barrier to getting a deal done. We work with our clients to strike just the right balance.
- Dealer and Distribution Agreements
- Terms and Condition of Sale
- U.C.C. (Sale of Goods)
- U.C.C. (Sale of Goods and Security Interests)
- International Sale of Goods
- Distribution Network Restructuring
- Dealer Termination and Non-Renewal
- Dealer/Distributor Litigation
- Antitrust Counseling, Compliance and Litigation
- Avoiding Franchise and Business Opportunity Laws (Accidental Franchise)
- Drafting US and International Dealer, Distribution and Commercial Agency Agreements
- Products Liability
- Consumer Product Safety
- Food Safety
- Consumer Protection
- E-commerce and Data Protection