Advertising & Promotions
Lathrop GPM supports agency and corporate clients with the counsel they need to take creative risks without incurring legal ones.
That vigilance and foresight is more critical today than ever. In an advertising landscape of rapidly changing media, audiences, and strategies, it can be extremely challenging to avoid pitfalls.
That's why we’re here. We stay ahead of evolving issues, regulations, and guidelines to protect your interests. And if disputes should arise, we work swiftly to minimize their impact on your business.
Clients rely on us for:
- Advertising review for verification and compliance with Federal Trade Commission standards
- Agency-client agreements
- Celebrity/spokesperson agreements
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Digital advertising compliance, from banner ad placements to the appropriateness and legality of mass commercial email campaigns and compliance with all rules governing web advertising aimed at children
- Endorsements and testimonials
- Labeling review and counsel
- Privacy and publicity rights issues
- Resolution of advertising disputes, including product disparagement claims
- Social media issues
- Sweepstakes, contests, coupons, and other promotions
- Trademark clearance, selection, registration, and licensing
- Trademark and copyright litigation
- Unfair competition litigation