Sara H. Christensen
Sara Hofeditz Christensen works as Pro Bono Attorney for the firm, bringing her experience as a trial lawyer to support the firm's commitment to pro bono and community service. She has experience representing clients in every stage of the criminal defense process, ranging from extensive pretrial preparation, bond reduction and evidentiary hearings, to bench and jury trials, and when necessary, probation violation and revocation hearings.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked as an assistant public defender for the Missouri State Public Defender in Kansas City, where she represented and appeared on behalf of an average caseload of 80 clients, comprising adults and juveniles charged with felonies and misdemeanors in all stages of criminal proceedings at the state level. She teaches Trial Advocacy 1 classes as an adjunct professor at the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, instructing and critiquing second-year students in trial skills.
- Association for Women Layers of Greater Kansas City, 2011 - present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2011 - present; Bar Leadership Academy, 2016 - 2017; Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, 2014 - 2015
- Denise Henning Corrections Program, Association for Women Lawyers Foundation 5 Year Mentorship Program, 2017 - present
- Country Club Christian Church, Board of Directors, 2019 - present
- Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, 2015 - present; Diversity & Inclusion Chair, 2018 - 2020; Action Team Co-Chair, 2017 - 2018
- Johnson County First Amendment Foundation, Board Member, 2015 - present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Thomas J. Conway Award, 2020
- Missouri Lawyers Media, Up & Coming Award, 2019
- Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, Advancing the Mission Award, 2019
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, J.D., Litigation emphasis, highest pro bono honors, 2014
Southern Methodist University, B.A., Political Science; B.A. Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, 2006