Keenan J. Barker
Keenan Barker is a paralegal with over 30 years of experience. She works with attorneys in the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice, focusing on complex business litigation, construction and bankruptcy cases; she also has worked on environmental and product liability matters.
Keenan has broad experience managing voluminous document and e-discovery matters, and regularly assists attorneys with organizing and preparing documents for use in depositions, hearings, and trials and arbitrations.
Keenan works extensively with outside vendors and in-house litigation support personnel to design, build and maintain databases to house documents. She has over 20 years of experience with a variety of document management databases, most recently with using Relativity to help manage complex litigation from case inception (document harvest) through trial or arbitration. In addition to her pre-trial management of cases, Keenan has participated in many trials and arbitrations at the state and federal levels.
Keenan’s case and trial experience includes:
- Lead paralegal in construction case from onset through arbitration, with primary responsibility for maintaining a web-based repository of over four million documents and overseeing document productions.
- Lead paralegal and responsible for electronic presentation of exhibits and video deposition excerpts at a two-week arbitration in Los Angeles involving a large railroad company.
- Assisting senior partner at trial in a Los Angeles bankruptcy court case involving the failure of computer disk drives.
- Lead paralegal in construction case involving collapse of an historic building due to construction deficiencies.
- Lead paralegal in construction case involving delay and design claims that included tens of thousands of native project files.
- Supporting multiple attorneys in four separate environmental trials in Michigan federal court spanning several years, where the trials were bifurcated between liability and allocation of response costs for alleged contamination to a large section of a river.
- Supporting New York patent attorneys in a jury trial in Kansas City federal court.
- Providing paralegal support and electronic trial presentation at many trials, lasting various lengths of time, in various states and courts.
In addition to litigation, Keenan has worked on two pro bono death penalty cases, and acted as the project facilitator on another pro bono project where attorneys mentored local law students in providing guardian ad litem representation in court proceedings. She has also assisted on pro bono cases involving prisoner claims of innocence, one of which was successfully concluded with a finding of innocence for the prisoner and subsequent release from prison.